I was one of them.
One of those Twitizens (City fans on Twitter) who was calling for the head of Mr 93:20 himself at halftime against Leicester.
It wasn’t the first time and I was not alone, only for the Argentine maestro to slather egg all over our faces in a virtuoso second half display.
It is a mistake I won’t make again and I want to offer my apologies to Mr. Aguero and all those City fans who have kept the faith and who were doubtless irritated in the extreme by comments such as the ones I posted, calling for him to be cut and replaced with someone like Kane or Lewandowski in the summer.
Fair weather support in its cowardliest form. Mea Culpa.
Thanks to the exploits of El Kun and after last night’s display, here is the situation after 27 matches:
- 16 pts ahead of The Trafford Dabbing Fools Society
- 20 pts ahead of The Harry Kane Team
- 21 pts ahead of the Bin Dipping Media Darlings & their terrifying attack force.
- 22 pts ahead of The Marina Granovskaia Collective
- 27 pts ahead of The Piers Morgan All-Stars
Aguero‘s personal stats are just ridiculous:
- Man of the Match; 48 touches; 7 shots; 4 on target; 4 goals.
In the Premier League:
- 21 PL goals this season; 8th PL hat-trick; 1st player to score 4+ goals in PL on 3 occasions.
- Top of the Top 30 all-time Premier League strike rate table. Capi di tutti capi.
- 22 of the top 30 strikers have won at least one variation of the Player of the Year Award. Yet Aguero is irrefutably the deadliest striker in EPL history and he hasn’t ever made the PFA Team of the Year.
- Aguero has more goals in 2018 than Chelsea.
- Has 21 league goals. The same as Salah, who many are voting as their player of the season. That’s 28 in 32 this season. (@EsteemedKompany)
The fifth goal for City and Sergio‘s fourth was a thing of rare beauty and the type of goal he has not scored in a long time.
Safe to say the man is back!
Retweets, Follows & Likes are muchos appreciados by your friendly neighborhood @boltfromtheblu. Check out this and other pieces at boltfromtheblue.live.